Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Made it to Masindi

Hello Everyone!

We have made it safely to Masindi and are settling in. We spent our first night here in Michael and Amanda's house and moved into the guest house which is owned by the church the next day. Its a pretty large house but very simple. We just got our Internet hooked up today which is great and when the power is on, it works really well. The power goes out all the time here. There is a little foot path between our house and Michael and Amanda's, and it literally cuts right though a family's property. They have 2 small homes on either side of the path so its a little awkward to walk through but apparently thats completely normal. They have about 4 or 5 small children who are always around and who have made me smile each time I walk through. Even though they are usually always asking for something, their sweet faces and the way they laugh at us makes my day each time I walk through. They began to follow us earlier down the path and Newman jumped around and scared them and they all burst into laughter. Its these moments that are helping me ignore the difficult parts of living here. I'm not going to lie, there have been a few moments where I have thought, this is going to be really hard, or why are we doing this, but thankfully those moments don't last long and I know that we are both growing so much from being here and from having to trust in God. He has been providing for us all we need and more and we are so thankful.
Currently as I type this from under our mosquito net, there is a GIANT bug slamming himself into our light and there is a small lizard in our bathroom. I am very thankful for the net. I know I will get used to all of these things, but it may take a week or 2.
It has been a long day, so we are headed for bed and I am sorry there are not pictures today, but I have some and I think another video or 2 for the next blog.
Love to you all and please continue to pray for us as the real work and the reality of this all sets in.
Thank you so much!!
Love,
Trish and Newman

3 comments:

  1. You sleep under a bug net. That is AWESOME! Keep the post Coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were on my heart yesterday as I went for a short run....lifting you up in prayer! Praying that in every hardship , in every challenge, in every new thing -- you see HIS face & know that the Lord is at work in your life & working through you in the lives of others!As time goes on, it will all become easier & feel more familiar! It will be home!~
    Hugzzzz!
    I love you both!!
    mm
    p.s. I love reading the blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trish,

    Our Bible Study today with the staff at GS was God's words to Joshua< "Be Strong and very Courageous, for the Lord your God is with you." These are God's words for you and Newman too as you begin this new adventure.

    Praying for you both.

    With love from all of the Gaillards,
    Shay +

    ReplyDelete